If you have a private group, the best way to handle deposit & payment is via one single person. In other words, he/she collects the deposits from all riders and pays us in one transfer to save fees. It’s expensive via banks (over 80% of transfers involves a middle bank, therefore you are charged twice).
Western Union Quick Cash Transfer used to be easier, faster and cheaper. Lately, we found this service a bit annoying from our end because they extended their reviewing time and even delivery time. However, it’s still better than a bank transfer.
Fortunately, we started to accept payment(s) through VTCPay in late March 2017. In reality, VTCPay is one of the most reputable pay gates in Vietnam. Their website is secured with SSL (green lock for securing submission of credit card details). The payment must be filled in with VN Dongs as required by Vietnamese laws (we use rate at www.xe.com) and you pay 3% service charge on top. However, large payment from around 1,000$US or more can be quite expensive.
Option 1. Online Payment Gate By Cards
We will prepare a sample invoice for your specific booking.
Then all that you have to do is follow the link we send and press “Checkout” and enter information as requested. You can pay with credit cards or online banking (in case you have a Vietnamese bank account). Honestly, online banking is cheaper if you log in your Vietnamese bank account and send from there to our VND bank account (see option 3 further below).
After we receive your payment, we will send a confirmation email with details you need to know for preparing your adventure(s) with us.
Option 2. Western Union Money Transfer® – Money In Minutes Confirmation
To save bank transfer fee (usually between 25$US – 50$US), you can send money through the Western Union because they offer competitive commission (2-10%, at least 5$US). We are a trusted company, highly recommended in many travel books, magazines and by many clients which you can follow this link to check out. However, there are many warnings about sending your money through the Western Union. Thank you for your understanding.
You can pay in your local currency and choose $US as the payout currency in Vietnam.
Our details are below. You probably don’t need to provide all details listed, just fill in what they ask for – in bold. Filling in with more details or with a typo means a longer telegraphic transfer message and may cost extra. In general, the most common typo is my given name – put in The Anh, not The Ahn):
– Full name (Vietnamese way): Vu The Anh (Vu is family name and The Anh is the first name)
– Country: Vietnam
– Current address: 36 Nguyen Huu Huan street
– Phone and/or mobile: +84 913047509
– Service type: Money in minutes
Once your wire completes, you will get a 10-digit MCTN (Money Transfer Control Number). Please send this code, the full name of the sender, actual amount and location of the transaction (or just scan and send us a copy of receipt) and we use these details to pick up the funds from a local Western Union agent shortly. We need to use an identity card to receive your deposit. Therefore, no other person can receive other than Vu The Anh (known as Anh Wu), the owner of Offroad Vietnam.
If you want to find a Western Union office near you, please click here.
Option 3. Bank Transfer
(Please use your local currency in the list below if this helps saving transfer or/and exchange fees, otherwise send us in USD – we do prefer USD.):
– Beneficiary Name: Vu The Anh
– Beneficiary Account Numbers:
0011371882218 (in United States Dollars – USD)
0011141882223 (in Euro – EUR)
0011522871703 (in Australian Dollars – AUD)
0011352871730 (in British Pounds – GBP)
0011532871725 (in Canadian Dollars – CAD)
0011001882198 (in Vietnam Dongs – VND)
– Address: 46 to 3 Yen Tan, Ngoc Thuy, Long Bien, Hanoi
– Beneficiary Bank: Vietcombank (Operations Centre) or full name Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Operations Centre)
– Bank Address: 31-33 Ngo Quyen Street, Hanoi, VIETNAM
– Bank SWIFT Code: BFTVVNVX001
– Recipient Account Number/IBAN (if any, there is no number as this is only available for Europe): 0 (you may need to fill in more 0 until it works)
* It is your responsibility to ask your bank how much they charge to convert into United States Dollars (USD) and/or transfer fee and if they have to go through a third bank (from our experience, 80% of the transfers usually goes through a bank in U.S.A. like Bank of New York or Bank of America) before our bank (Vietcombank). Please only use USD, Euro, AUD, GBP, CAD or VND. Some of our customers got a double charge without notice!
If you have any question, suggestion or recommendation regarding deposit & payment of Vietnam motorbike tours, please feel free to contact us.