Vietnam Offroad offers three types of trips: Fully guided (all-inclusive), Semi-guided (bike and guide rentals), and Self-guided or Unguided (motorbike rental). This works with wide prices, ranging from at least 15$US to 219$US/day/person depending on the bike you want to ride, type of trip you want, and the number of the rider(s) in your group. Our costs are affordable for most of the riders in Vietnam. To give you an idea about our prices, please look at the price options below and let us know what option you prefer in your request.
Option 1 prices. Unguided
Starting from the self-guided for experienced riders who could handle anything thrown at them while on the road. Bigger bikes are always better with power and suspension but smaller bikes are easier to handle. The prices of bike hire are below.
Honda Winner 150cc year 2016-2018 road bike electric start: 15$US/bike/day
Trail bike Honda XR150L 150cc year 2016-2017 electric start: 20$US/bike/day
Trail bike Honda CRF150L 150cc year 2019 electric start: 25$US/bike/day
Dual enduro Honda CRF250L 250cc year 2013-2017 electric start: 50$US/bike/day
Option 2 prices. Semi-guided
In addition to the bike rental above, you will have a professional guide. He’s also a handy mechanic, a leader, and a translator which adds value to the whole experience. Many of our unguided tour customers regretted not hiring a guide because people in the countryside don’t speak much English or they don’t understand the people, their traditions, and customs or have to deal with some dishonest mechanics.
The guide rides the same type of bike as you and his salary + his bike is 100$US per day and per group of up to five riders. For example, if you are two people wanting to hire two Honda XR150 and a guide then you pay 150$US per day for two people.
While riding, just pay everything for yourselves and the guide on the road plus fuel for the bikes. In the end, it’s usually not much cheaper than a fully guided tour below. But some people want flexibility on their trips and this is the way to go.
Including: Bike(s), a professional English-speaking tour guide, a small map of North Vietnam, a Vietnamese phrasebook, practical road rules, bike troubleshooter, tool-kit and important spare parts (~3kg), flat tire fix and bike maintenance, advice, and tips based on your rough itinerary.
Option 3 prices. Fully guided
In general, our fully guided adventures focus on the quality of services and freedom of mind. We select the best services available while on the road. This is the most popular type of trip we have been providing since late 2006. Clients’ satisfaction is our prime concern and therefore we try to make every holiday one of the most memorable trips. There is only one price policy at our company. Below are the general prices based on the standard bike option (Honda XR150L off-road motorbike), starting and ending in Hanoi. Every one guide rides with 6 people maximum.
One rider: 209$US/day
Two riders: 139$US/person/day
Three riders: 129$US/person/day
Four riders: 119$US/person/day
From five riders: 109$US/person/day
Upgrade to dirt bike costs more. For example, 150L is 5$US/day/bike extra or CRF250L is 20$US more per day per bike. On the other hand, a pillion passenger pays less and we will advise the exact amount when you send your request.
– Motorcycle(s), all fuel;
– Tour guide/Translator;
– Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or homestay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows, etc. are provided);
– Third-party motorbike insurance in case you have a Vietnamese motorbike driving license;
– All food (Vietnamese food, note that Western food costs extra);
– All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
– Vietnam Offroad provides support (1). We are with you along the way;
– Vietnamese tea and rice wine.
– Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
– Drinks other than tea and local rice wine;
– Single room supplement in case you request a single room;
– Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear, and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
– Bike shipping and tour guide’s travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/highway trips);
– Train or flight tickets;
– Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
– Accommodation in Hanoi;
(1) Add-on services such as support trucks, airport transfers, and hotel room bookings and the Vietnamese visa approval letter, etc. are available at an extra charge, on top of tour prices.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations regarding our prices of Vietnam motorbike tours, please feel free to contact us.
To have some idea about Vietnam motorbike tours my company provides, please watch the below video or visit our YouTube channel.